Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The best laid plans...

So much for closing! Our buyer has been having problems getting her down payment/closing costs together, so closing has been a dream yet to be realized. We have been told that she has everything in order now and we can proceed with a closing date of 4/23, but I hesitate to hold my breath. This process has been such a nightmare. I may never move out of the new house. Just to avoid this sort of nonsense in the future. So Hubby and I are in a holding pattern for now. The house is completely packed up. We are living off two plates, two bowls and two glasses. Washing dishes by hand every night is fun (dripping sarcasm). I'm pretty sure that my attitude problem is not going to improve noticably until we are settled into the new house. I apologize to any and every one that has to interact with me.

I do have something to look forward to though. Hubby and I are heading to Florida in May for the launch of STS-132/ULF4 (space shuttle mission for all you non-NASA-geeks out there). The plan is to fly in to the area on Wednesday, putz around Daytona and Cocoa Beach for a few days, watch the shuttle launch and hang out with friends. The distraction will be greatly appreciated. The last time we went down for a shuttle launch we had a marvelous time. I took my coffee to the beach every morning with a book and enjoyed the non-polluted waters of Cocoa Beach. We're staying in the same hotel, so I look forward to doing that again. I'm also looking forward to revisiting some of the eateries we discovered our last time there and tossing back a few Yuenglings. The thought of a near-future vacation is keeping me sane if not overtly friendly.

So that's where we're at right now. Hopefully the next time I post, I'll bore you senseless with talks of my new kitchen, etc. And hopefully I won't be cranky and snarky. Till then... C-ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment