Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Photo Challenge Day Eleven - Childhood Memory

As mentioned yesterday, I swapped days 10 and 11 of the photo challenge. Why? Because of a strange coincidence. My recently widowed grandmother is getting ready to sell her house and is off-loading possessions. One of the things I expressed interest in was a book of fairy tales I can remember reading over and over and over at her house as a child. I remember the illustrations in the book prompting hours of day dreaming. Well, no one can find the book! To add to the interest here, I discovered about two weeks ago that the book actually belongs to me anyway. It was given to me for my sixth birthday, so all those years I wanted to take the book home, but didn't want to ask Granny if I could have it...it was already mine. I haven't been able to stop thinking about the book. I hadn't thought about it in years and now I think of it frequently. So, I did what any modern consumer would do...I hopped online to see if I could find another copy. :-D And I was in luck!! Although this book has never had a second printing, there are still copies available in the world. I was able to find a copy on Amazon that was in "Good" condition for $20 and it arrived in the mail TODAY!!! To be honest, I don't understand why it never had other printing runs!! Look at these illustrations! How is any little girl's bookcase complete without this book?! Even though the book can only be found used now, I plan to buy a copy for all the little girls in my life so they can spend hours looking at the pictures and dreaming of beautiful princesses and cats who talk.

 



1 comment: