Saturday, January 31, 2009

Murder Without the Myrtle

Hubby is mean. Hubby is downright vicious. It happens every year, and you'd think I would be used to it. Every spring, he will wake up one morning with an evil glint in his eye. Not a word will be said, but I will know what he intends to do. Arguing would be useless. I just have to face the fact that it will happen whether or not I like it and I must accept what is coming. He'll go into the garage and grab the pruning shears and then the attack will begin. Usually, the unsuspecting victim is one of the Crepe Myrtle trees in our front yard. This year, for some reason unknown to me, Hubby set his eye on the peach tree in our backyard (the ONLY tree in our backyard as he hacked down the other one a few years back). Maybe he was upset with the tree because we never get fruit from it. Maybe he was tired of having to duck under the low branches. I don't know. All I know is that the poor tree went from having a 20-ft canopy to having a 10-ft canopy in under an hour. *sigh* Guess we'll have another year with no peaches. :-(

"Help Me!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment